88E 33.3% 0.2¢ 88 energy limited

Parabolic Breakout Retrace

1. 5,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3267
    For anyone wondering what is playing out with this stock and what to expect from here have a read of this as it seems to perfectly summarise what we have seen.

http://ibankcoin.com/chart_addict/2009/05/11/7-common-breakout-patterns-educational/
    1) Parabolic Breakout and Symmetrical Triangle:

These patterns are the intra-day spikes that I covet dearly. They are responsible for many of the fastest and largest gains that I have ever achieved. This pattern utilizes 2 or more continuation or consolidation patterns to complete itself. They are usually flat bases, flags, and a variety of triangles. When the pattern goes parabolic intra-day, there will usually be massive profit taking and the entire move could retrace as much as 50%. Most weakhands would sell in panic when this occurs. However, this is wrong.
    After a large move, the pattern needs to consolidate it’s gains, shake out the weak holders, attract the dip buyers, and gather accumulation and interest for the next run up. Towards the end of the consolidating period, there will be another breakout, which marks a secondary entry to add another position.
    Volume must be flat and declining prior to the spike, which will be accompanied by huge volume. In addition, the moving averages listed above will help guide you to time your entry. My favorite short-term averages are the 15- and 20-day MA’s. 50- and 100-day MA’s are intermediate averages, and the 200-day MA is the big daddy himself – the most important long-term MA.
    Whenever you see a symmetrical triangle form after the initial spike, it is almost a guarantee that the particular stock will breakout again. Failures are rare, but they do happen.The point is to harvest as many of these patterns and cut losses on any of the failures.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
-0.001(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $57.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $6.857K 3.073M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
289 346631721 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 573714669 217
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.