HZN 5.71% 18.5¢ horizon oil limited

Ok, well I don't have time to look into the OPEC thing that so...

1. 263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Ok, well I don't have time to look into the OPEC thing that so I'll concede the possibility of somewhere between 0 and 100% on that one.

OK so why should we listen to you then?

So, what we have here is the consensus opinion of the several hundred premier authorities in the physics and chemistry of climate science, supported by their teams of scientists and research infrastructure and drawing on the collective analysis of decades of research and accumulated knowledge. After exhaustively examining all of the possible alternatives that there is, they have determined that effectively there is NO chance that climate change isn't almost entirely caused by humans, and that, unmitigated, it presents catastrophic danger to life on earth.

Where is your evidence that humans have caused climate change?

Why, why, why would any reasonable person think these Professors and heads of the relevant CSIRO, NASA etc etc departments utterly wrong?

But that doesn't mean they're right either. Would that reasoning stack up in the court of law?

I'm sure there is variance on the figure of 12 years at current levels of emissions before irreversible tipping points are reached, but that figure was chosen because it is in the middle of the variance. It could be more or less. Whatever it is, it is clear that urgent and decisive action is required now. That is why the IEA has said that NO new oil, gas or coal should be developed.

But they are forecasting oil and coal demand to increase by 2050? Reality is you can't turn off oil and coal like a switch, this will take decades to transition.

Floods have gone up from about 100 a year to about 3000,Droughts have increased from about 190 a year to 505,Wildfires have increased by about 55 to 370,Extreme Temperature events have increased by about 15 to 465.

Is that because we have better technology to record such occurrences?

It's widely recognized that Glasgow is the worlds last chance to avoid disaster.

When you say widely recognised, are you saying the majority of people are saying that? Prove it.

If action is not taken, do you honestly think that the worlds youth will stand by and watch selfish old men destroy their, and their childrens future? These same men that have enjoyed unprecedented generational wealth that will be denied their grandchildren, partly based on their use of fossil fuels? If the world decided to destroy their children and grandchildren's future, I think you can expect to see protest on an unprecedented scale. They will destroy the joint in anger and so they should. Vietnam protest will be nothing to this, as the stakes are massively higher.We are entering the most crucial time in the Earth's history. I pray the decisions taken are wise.

It's one thing to remove oil/coal supply, but fact is people for the sake of living still continue to rely on coal and oil. IEA predicts oil/coal demand to increase by 2050.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.010(5.71%)
Mkt cap ! $300.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.5¢ 18.5¢ 17.5¢ $611.4K 3.346M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 90950 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 462009 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.