PAA 0.00% 19.5¢ pharmaust limited

Adaptive Cell TherapyWhen viewed in relation to targeted cancer...

1. 926 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 596
    Adaptive Cell Therapy

When viewed in relation to targeted cancer drugs, part of the idea is that you're not pushing cancer so hard that it evolves quickly past the block you've put in.

Professor Maley is saying that as cancer evolves within a lifetime, to maximise the active longevity of patients, the dose and timing of treatments must be guided by evolutionary principles - which we understand fairly well. Even the immune system doesn't try to completely eradicate invaders, but to knock them down to harmless levels. It's a cost benefit balance.

The Moffitt Cancer Centre in the US ran an adaptive therapies metastatic prostate trial which is now complete and being written-up. The released results will not disappoint because the interim results were so spectacular. The 3 other trials are underway; ovarian, melanoma and thyroid. The Moffitt Cancer Centre is a rather special place and I get the feeling of restrained excitement from them.

There is the possibility that monepantel is ideally suited to this approach - close to non-toxic at lower doses, sometimes tumour reducing but more tumour holding over time. A dramatic reduction in tumour size is currently considered a good thing, but adaptive therapy says no. Just holding tumour growth will be far more beneficial to extending long term survival.

And then monepantels latest gift which has gone largely unnoticed.Monepantel has a biphasic nature which might be dose forgiving. If efficacy is assumed to be its tumour reducing performance, it gives a "U" with optimal dose efficacy at the bottom of the U. If halting growth is best efficacy, the biphasic "U" turns more into a "W" ... we have possibly dosed slightly high but maybe near enough to the second dip - as hinted by the 4 dogs in 28 day stasis - around a point where adaptive control might work.

I think little PharmAust has a big shot. Can't see any other junior pharma on the ASX playing with such upside, and that ignores the virus. Could be one hell of a ride but all imo.

Either way, the coming weeks are guaranteed to be interesting.
    Well that was an effort and hope my fellow holders find some of it interesting. I'm all worded out ... siesta time ...

Good luck to all holders ... and just for Cashie .. !sredloh lla ot kcul dooG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $86.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 18.5¢ $330.4K 1.741M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4071 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 24580 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.