GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

From an environmental perspective the idea of EV's is not all...

1. 1,413 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1247
    From an environmental perspective the idea of EV's is not all that brilliant if we are still using coal to generate our electricity. We really need to ramp up renewable energy sources. Renewable energy is unlikely to replace coal for base load power unless we can come up with cheap mass energy storage solutions. There was a link to salt water batteries in the seeking alpha report. While some may think that an alternative to lithium ion may ruin our party, maybe it has a chance to enhance it. The saltwater battery/sodium type battery could be the solution for cheap mass energy storage allowing renewable energy to flourish, as weight is not an issue. This in turn could lead to an earlier death to the ICE and hence increase the pace of EV adoption. While I would like to have my cake and it in terms of both EV's and mass energy storage using Lithium a more rapid uptake of EV will do. EV's will always require the lightest battery options as the power the weight ratio is important. There is no options to compete with Lithium in this perspective.

We need to think what we would rather Lithium ion dominating both spaces at a slow rate or losing the mass storage battle to more rapidly allow Lithium powered EV's to dominate ICE's.

On a side note while I don't think anyone could write a comedy as far fetched as the Trump/USA election saga, if the Clinton links to Saudi Arabia are true maybe Trump openly supporting coal/oil is better than Clinton pretending to care than sabotaging renewables at the same time. Who knows. If Trump is purely concerned with the US economy and a case can be made regarding the potential to be ahead of the game in terms of the renewables maybe we have a chance. China leading the space will surely piss him off and he may safeguard against them dominating the space. I have heard he has a soft spot for Elon, maybe he can talk some sense into him. Even if we lose the USA in the short term China,Europe and India should go along way to make this happen.

Just thoughts. Interesting times ahead and so happy to be apart of something that could help fix the shit we have gotten this world into.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.