parenting

1. 3,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Quite despondent atm. Nothing tragic but son rang up this morning with the news that a lot of people (admin so far) are being retrenched at his mining company. With no prior notice, they are being frog-marched straight out of the building and told that their desk contents would be couriered to their home address. More to go today and tomorrow.

I would love Julia Gillard and Wayne Swan to be at the door as they leave. Everyone has had a gutful of hearing how good our economy is going and how mining companies are ripping the hearts of struggle streeters out of the ground on the back of huge profits they are making. And the carbon-tax deadline isn't even here yet. But the consequences of it is.

Can't express how sad I feel for those leaving work for the last time today.

Don't mean this to be political but for the parent of a son who has ticked all the boxes in life, has bought his first home (with a mortgage), is getting married in September in Fiji followed by a 6 week European holiday, I have both fingers crossed for him. I know he will probably pick up a job if he is made redundant but it would really put a damperner on what should be remembered as a happy time in his life.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.