hmmmm I've rarely felt threatened outback. Only once and I...

1. 84,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hmmmm

I've rarely felt threatened outback. Only once and I didn't have a gun, which was unusual travelling. I was carrying a parcel of gems when I went to town and a friend asked me if while I was there I would go into a buyer who was in town in a motel and see what he would give for the parcel. Normal stuff.
    On the way back to camp, we were followed (my gf and I in a car). It was very clear that we were followed - I don't know why.
    Oh, wait - there was one other time - and yes, we had guns and I took one out - a very short fat noisy gun.
    GF and I were travelling and came to an area where there was a solitary male, he looked like a loner and he looked like a heavy drinker, but ok.
    That night sitting in our little van. We heard movement - not far away and it sounded like someone moving around - coming towards us - stealthily. There should have been no one near us at all.
    We killed the lights and I took a shotty out from under the bed and went outside (didn't have strong LED torches those days)
    I hear the person moving - crystal. They had stopped moving towards us - very wisely. And began moving away.
    If they had have come closer I would have put one in the air in their direction - it was a very very noisy short shottie, would wake the dead half a city away - the message would have been clear. Glad I didn't have to do it though.
    I think they would have buggered off without my having guns though - just the lights going off was enough.

Aside from those - in decades - never saw or felt a threat at all.

Cities - very different matter. And I always carry what is legal in any country I'm in. City or country. Saved my arse in Croatia a couple of years back - got attacked by a dog in the hills ------------ Pinto 1 : Puppy 0
    thanks to some capsicum
    Last edited by pintohoo: Today, 17:09

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.