CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

parliament calls for short selling shake up..., page-35

1. 9,458 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5286
    Hello Clark,

I apologise.

You can see I wasn't particularly conscientious in reading your posts as I made a silly mistake. Something I am willing to admit - unlike some people I know.

So, you think I'm an inexperienced trader?

Just for your information - I'm almost 70 years old, and have been trading since the 1970s.

And I've read every book on that list and lots more beside. I have a vast library of books on investing and trading - which, just by accident, are now worth a lot of money. Old books on investment and trading make an excellent investment in financial terms. The buy/n/hold type of investment. LOL

Like many good investments - its just pure luck. Something most people wont' admit. When people make money - they put it down to their own genius.

I make it a point of reading at least one book per week on investing and/or trading.

I also have post-graduate qualifications in Economics.

"Inexperienced trader"!!!! Your arrogance knows no bounds.

Just for your information, I write a weekly stock market report for some inexperienced traders that I'm mentoring.

Six stocks that I consider outstanding for long term investment are followed in that report and include WOW. It is, however, currently on my list of "don't invest in at this time".

If you want some advice about a good time to top up your Woolworth's shares - just ask. I'll be only too willing to help you out.

I do hope your ASX shares come good again. I won't hold my breath though - they have to almost double in price to get back to where they were in December.

Oh - and by the way - the Weinstein book is full of practical hints and tips on investing and trading. You might well learn something from it if you read it. It is quite a different sort of book from "The Black Swan: the Impact of the Highly Improbable" by Nassim Taleb. Taleb's book was never meant to be a guide to investing. It is a broad ranging book - more philosophical in nature than a quide or recipe book. But like any "pure research" - it is from that sort of endeavour that creative new approaches come. Not all people follow recipes or guides handed down from others.

Some people think for themselves.

Cheers
    Red

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.