YOW 0.00% 2.5¢ yowie group ltd

Partner becomes competition, page-30

1. 383 Posts.
    Went into Manteca, California Walmart and Safeway which are side by side today. Walmart seemed to have a box of yowies at the bottom of every second checkout, Safeway had a box at the bottom of every checkout. It was a bit hard to see what was in the boxes at Walmart because checkouts are narrow and there were customers everywhere, but at Safeway I had a clear view.

Each box was empty or about half empty. I asked the girl at the Safeway checkout I went through how well they sell. She said the boxes sell out in about 2 or 3 days.

I don't know how many checkouts there were in both stores but I would estimate 10 per store. At a very conservative guess I think you could assume you would sell out a box per checkout per week at the safe ways. so rough calculations, 10 checkouts by 12 yowies per checkout equals 120 yowies per Safeway store per week. Probably same minimum at walmarts per week too.

So if you are running 120 per store minimum at a very conservative estimate. Perhaps someone can plug that into store numbers and we might get a good baseline for what we will be selling per year.

Then once we crank up production and marketing, you can then get a picture of where this is heading. Checkouts at walmarts and safe ways are bloody crowded. There is maybe 40 individual boxes or more of chocolate varieties at each checkout all crammed in. Yowies are on bottom shelves. Nice height for little eyes and hands.

Expiry date on Safeway yowies was June 2016. I have two photos but having trouble with Internet so can't upload atm.

I am in the positive pro yowie camp and from what I have seen even more positive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.