CTP 5.45% 5.2¢ central petroleum limited

partnerships needed for success

1. 1,368 Posts.
    The darling of the moment is arguably coal seam gas, even Volte from WPL who so publicly disregarded coal seam as being a non event is scanning the barging coal seam basements for potential acquisitions, Santos as an example, has already been linked for a potential takeover. One would strongly assume that once CTP kicks its next drilling phase into top gear, CTP may no longer be looked down upon as being insignificant by the big gorilla.

It was no business secretes that BG had bigger things to fry as opposed to bow down to CTPs own ambitions and plans, this statement is now well supported through the multibillion dollar deal made between BG and China. It is still my belief that BG shall continue to focus its coal seam gas expansion empire through the acquisition of additional proven resources and credible longevity of hydrocarbon field assets. After all, when on a roll keep the dice rolling. The major hurdle between CTP and BG may well be the issue of have proven hydrocarbon assets credible enough for BG to pay attention too.

Chinas increasing energy demand is growing strongly on a day to day basis, the deals made between china and Australia over the last couple of years (North west Shelf, Queensland) only provided a deal of supply and demand, there is no real asset investment for China, something that they drastically want. The deals made between Australia and China also do not provide adequacy or emergency inventory redundancies for China, they need to have reserves capable of being managed by the Chinese. To date this is one of the biggest wants for the Chinese government, stability but more predominantly ownership of assets.

I am not stating that China may be the golden egg for CTP but my educated guess is that any major wanting to take a serious look at CTP would have the China energy market needs in mind. Ordinarily where this is the case, China and that major organisation have always work hand in hand behind closed doors to seal the multibillion dollar deals.

One does not need to be a genius to foresight the financial requirements needed by CTP to monetize hydrocarbons, certainly not on the scale required to place CTP into the leagues of the mid cap to major producer status. One recent article described CTPs acreage as being elephant in size, I would disagree and call the vast mass of land owned by CTP and being more akin to being called a dinosaur.

We all saw what happened with AEO, it will be of no surprise if one day we all wake up only to find that one of the sealed deals done behind closed doors had CTPs name on it. Like it or not CTP needs a partner, However, CTP will need to work hard to work together with partner and achieve, promote and enforce joint philosophies and visions in a healthy cooperative manner.

I am not going to sugar coat CTP, they have a long and hard road in front of them, I am still somewhat bearish on CTP for the next couple of months at least, CTP still has some substantial preparatory works to be undertaken for the next stage and any credible verification of any hydrocarbon finds will all takes time to be analyzed and confirmed as being viably economically sound prospects.

What I do say with conviction, I as many other CTP holders believe in the greater CTP story, amny of us still await for the chapters to unfold and I sleep sound at night with those thoughts in mind regardless of the recent drop in share price.

Investing into CTP is like fishing, those who patiently wait, and for those who over the years have studied their fishing grounds know that at any time the big fish SHALL one day take the bait, and CTP has many tasty morsels to offer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
-0.003(5.45%)
Mkt cap ! $38.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.2¢ $35.73K 687.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 550000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 99854 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.