AVH 7.33% $2.53 avita medical inc.

An interesting point you raise about over the counter drugs vs...

1. 6,521 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1923
    An interesting point you raise about over the counter drugs vs prescribed stuff. I think it actually works against AVH.

General consumers know little and most don't take the time to compare and realise that the generic brands have the same amount of paracetamol as panadol. So they often pick up the brand they know and end up paying a few dollars more. Not that much harm financially.

Pharmacists and doctors however know a lot more. My doctor and every pharmacist I've dealt with in the past few years has always pushed a generic brand to me if available. This is why I gave the panadol example. The last pharmacist I visited didn't even give me the option, she didn't ask, she told me she was giving me the generic brand because you'd be stupid to pay 10x the amount for panadol.

So with ReCell being obviously used by medical professionals - they will know if a generic does the same thing or not, and what the cost difference is. Insurers will also know and they will push the doctors to use generics, e.g. by capping payments. It will make a huge difference.

Even for patients, I think there is a big difference between paying a couple bucks more for panadol vs hundred or thousands of dollars for treatments to burns or wounds - if given options, they will ask "what's the diff?" Doctors will say, it's the same thing, just no name brand, but you save thousands, not just a few dollars.

Don't try to waive off the flood of generics like it's not going to hurt, I've invested in drugs and biotech for many years, and the concept of "IP cliff" exists for a reason.
    Last edited by Sojourner: 20/04/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.