AVH 4.12% $2.78 avita medical inc.

Patent extension, page-8

1. 1,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170

home brand pharmaceutical alt for paracetamol have been around for many years yet Panadol is still one of gks biggest earners and very profitable and pretty sure is still one of the leading pain relief sellers.

IP is important in many respects but there are leagues of difference between over the counter pharmaceuticals and life saving burn treatments. Just like the pathway to becoming a burns surgeon is a bit longer and more challanging than becoming a pharmacist again; leagues apart. There is often no pharmacist customer interaction in sales of otc pain relief. Not the case in critical and serious burns- the patient and thier family are under the care and stuadship of a surgeon led team.

Not saying surgeons wouldnt push or even offer home brand alternatives could happen. Very conservative field though and that is why fda use the gold standard approach for approval- very expensive and time consuming but as we have seen since sept it is a very important step for commercial viability. IP is important in protecting the first mover advantage Avita has and as a product that is going to both save money and improve clinical outcomes is going to have a very strong foothold, brand recognition and trust is very important and i imagin in and area where peoples lives are in your hands I assume surgeons once comfortable with a treatment would be very reluctant to roll the dice on a home brand alt, esp one that will use a PMA or alt route to approval.

But i think when investing you sould stick to what you know and go with that! I would say you have missed the first boat on this one and had the opportunity for an easy 3- 5 bag but still at the bottom of the hill imo may be a buying opp after next qrtly if it sales not as good as expected (unlikley).

gl with your investing lg.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.78
Change
0.110(4.12%)
Mkt cap ! $195.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.77 $2.82 $2.74 $999.8K 359.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5419 $2.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.79 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.