NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

patent, page-16

1. 1,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 121
    Nearmap While I admit that I can't claim to be an expert, I am not that sure that the speed it takes to process geospatial images is that difficult. I have seen first year grad students produce software that is able to process ten thousand images a second and that is using C++.

When one considers that our patents use off the shelf digital SLR cameras and therefore solid state simple memory that we all use (Apparently HDD can be unstable at altitude) the transfer of data is simple. From there, it seems like a case of simple maths to get things right. Every slr automatically embeds camera details. More importantly lens details such as focal length, ap etc. are also recorded automatically and this is needed for the calculations. From there, lens adjustments from the manufacturers are easy to obtain and use commercially enabling the images to become a real representation of the image captured.

Again, IMO our strength comes down to our business model and the client base we already have. The tool box we have put together for niche markets is another strength of our business. AGain, nothing is too difficult but put together in an easy to use format -THIS IS WHAT MAKES US POWERFUL IN THE MARKETPLACE.

As a comparison, intel make great chips, gigabyte great motherboards. seagate make great hard drives. You and I can buy each of those items off the shelf. But, it's only when (for example) Dell puts it together in a box that we buy it. It's Dell we buy not the other products. It's the solution we buy and that's what our clients get with Nearmaps.

I feel this is our strength in what we do. Added to that the regular flights we make which others don't do because we have taken that big capex jump into constantly providing this information on a regular basis. These are the things we do brilliantly and don't give ourselves credit for. Also they are the valuable things that our clients can't reproduce and the creation of an economy of scale that benefits everyone.

Again, all this is my personal opinion based on my understanding of the business given publicly available information, including reading the patent application(s). Be warned that it is diabolical in the language it uses. Hope it helps us all out and as always, happy to discuss anything I have written because I am happy to admit to any error on fact that is backed up properly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.