SUM 4.44% 23.5¢ summit minerals limited

Semi rant warning. But given this forum has degenerated just a...

1. MZA
    299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 220
    Semi rant warning. But given this forum has degenerated just a little in recent times I figured I would indulge a little.

To all those newbies who feel like we are a pump n dump show ask yourself this....what commodity right now on the ASX would you rather be invested in (and where) if you were a junior resources company?? And moreso if you were a shareholder looking to make a buck or 2??

It's a question I asked myself and why I chose to invest into SUM a short while back. I have invested a lot in a lot of mining companies over the last 20 years... and I've run a couple too.

I know a little SP success tends to bring out keyboard warriors & naysayers mainly I guess fuelled by envy and perhaps boredom...sadly this world is fuelled by the fact its essentially every man (or person) for themselves out there and everyone's fighting their own battle of some sort.

So to all those who have come from WA1 to take potshots we get it. We aren't WA1. We may never be. In many respects we don't want to be. But what we have is hope and a decent chance of success. And yep you guys have hit the jackpot. Well done. We are not here to replace you. And yep we get we only got a couple of rockchips and some crappy partially mineralised outcrops etc in Brazil so it's all good. I mean we do get it. We are a $20m company. A basketcase right?

But hey we may well be already on our journey. Let's just see where it takes us. I invested as I have stated here before because to me the risk reward looked way too good...and still does. There are a fair few $50-$100m companies on the ASX with not half as much actual & potential as us.

So yeah we get it. We may fail. We may. And we may actually not ever reach the heights of WA1. But I think most of us know we could just go and buy CBA instead. It's cool. Seriously. We are good. Maybe just maybe we could get lucky too.....I mean the world surely is big enough to squeeze in another Nb company of some note, right? I mean last time I looked the US government & western world kinda need this critical stuff pretty badly to try to like save the planet from the rogues....I mean its pretty deep stuff when you think about it right....

One thing for sure though is we may be a fair way back but we are coming....what WA1 has shown is clear & recent proof of concept - that this Nb stuff can make you 100 bags - so thanks for that. To my point not many other commodities I know of can do that in the current market. Actually wait maybe Ta can too. But wait not many of those around for some reason. Oh yeah, that's right, its a pretty rare earth element too so most likely pretty hard to find....but hang on...those kind of rock chips we selected probably had it just because they were the only 4 we could find along our 1.2km stike zone at that one project of many in Brazil which has like not much of the world's bulk holding of this stuff, right?

I'm not dark if a little sarcastic. I was actually asked to be involved in the WA1 IPO. I invested only a modest amount. If I had invested what I normally tend to I would be flying you all over to my private island right now haha.

They struggled to get it up tbh. It was a very weak listing. 3 projects only of not much note scattered across the whole of WA. A Board, who I know, of decent operators but no major historic big wins. Now they are all heroes haha. Luckily for them they listed at a perfect time where IPO's where pumping out daily for a quarter or 2 back there. I doubt if they rocked up to a broker today they would get it set. In fact they would probably be ridiculed. But as a famous UK politician once said 'them's the breaks'....good luck to them. They deserve the luck and the success. They literally hit a needle in a haystack. So to all you loyal shareholders over there well done. You guys got this. Ummm why the hell are you still on HC?? Seriously, I would be on the daily 9am cocktails at the resort haha.

And to those who choose to hammer our management for ongoing X posts like seriously....how refreshing for a company to actually respect and engage its shareholders.... and god forbid our leaders promote our company. I mean how dare they. But seriously what this affords us shareholders is our progress and indeed hope. I mean its 2024 so how nice a mining company has thought to utilise the digital technology age to embrace & communicate with it's shareholders in real time....and yep again we get that those consistent black & shiny things in those rocks are really becoming boring and may be like nothing great at all - we seriously get it too....but how great that we aren't twiddling our thumbs like most waiting for news and wondering if we should put our big boy pants on and email the company....or better yet rock up to the office...coz l've seen so many MD's of West Perh mining companies over the last 20 years treat these public companies like its their family office - and its so comical and downright farcical its shameful.

So rant over.

Maybe this forum can get back a little towards what's important here....those crappy black & shiny rocks in Brazil we just somehow keep seeing more & more of across all of our projects for some unknown reason.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SUM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.010(4.44%)
Mkt cap ! $16.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.0¢ 25.0¢ 22.0¢ $456.5K 1.971M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 32222 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 97209 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SUM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.