WKT 2.33% 10.5¢ walkabout resources ltd

path to production for WKT, page-117

1. 246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 161
    The silk road initiative is a throwaway line. I would not pin my hopes on that and I don't expect general market to do so either.

Have a read of this
    https://www.lowyinstitute.org/sites...ng China’s Belt and Road Initiative_WEB_1.pdf

and tell me which aspect of WKT(read, some foreign company to China)'s (or Jinpeng for that matter) fit the profile. This is a government funding initiative to transition China's industrial landscape (not just to invest). Government owned banks will lend Chinese companies/their partners money IF it fits China's strategic objective. This will only happen if China actually owns/going to majorly benefit from the project/Jinpeng exporting equipment will solve some regional government target, or there's been a high level meeting between the Chinese and Tanzanian government etc. Chances of that are fairly remote.. No government will extend you (a foreigner) credit for investment purposes only.

On the other hand, the broker report on the website was VERY conservative with regards to the expected dilution until production if recent financial transactions are any guide. We just had a 20% dilution after not yet 6 months since the last round of CR. Pause and think about it.

Lastly company already stated CR will be used to purchase the last 30% interest and progress the lithium exploration activities. That doesn't leave much in the coffer or the 20% share of the development that people are speculating. So no, I think Lindi funding will be the main issue and with no obvious leads other than a throwaway line re: silk road, I think it's still a fair way off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
-0.003(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $70.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $21.84K 201.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 604881 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 224492 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.11pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.