GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

NGF has hedged just under 50% production (70k oz pa or 280,000...

1. 3,351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    NGF has hedged just under 50% production (70k oz pa or 280,000 oz in total) to mid 2012 at $A 875 per oz. So this limits the upside somewhat.

I had been avoiding high cost WA producers but took a punt on NGF this week. Cash costs at Paddington are about $650 but should reduce with BMM takeover and general mining / processing improvements.

Assuming $625 cash cost, hedged production provides annual cash flow of $17.5m. Assuming $A 1200 gold price, unhedged production of 80k oz provides additional $46m pa.

Paddington underground and Mt Morgan will see production ramp up toward 250k in the next year or two. BMM property also provides a heap leach deposit.

I trust the management and think they're straight shooters looking after shareholders. Big mill strategically located meaning they will cherry pick other explorers like BMM for a song (sad for these explorers but that's capitalism for you when there's no money about).

IMO this company will survive and become a very significant producer in the next decade. Market cap is $60-70m or thereabouts, which is quite incredible.

Rowingboat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.