AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

This is old information but might help newbies to AKK to...

1. 1,293 Posts.
    This is old information but might help newbies to AKK to understand more about Pathfinder

- AKK has an 85% interest in approx 11,560 acres at its Pathfinder Project in the Denver-Julesburg Basin

- They have drilled 2 x wells at the Pathfinder site to date

- One of the wells was completed with a 16 stage fracced horizontal leg and was what we got news about yesterday.

- The second well has only been completed as a verticle to date but i expect you will get news shortly that they will drill another 16 stage fracced horizontal leg using the same methodology as the other well.

- The well exhibited excellent resistivity (an indication of oil saturation) and fracability (how amenable to fracture stimulation the rock is). The results are comparable to, or exceed, log data from some of the best performing wells in the play.

- Richard Cottee said this recently - If I were required to state the highlight of the year I would nominate the company's cracking of the code in the Niobrara. An experienced American company had drilled 6 wells trying to reach the Niobrara in our neighbourhood and were unsuccessful each time due to the horizontal stress encountered on the way through. After significant engineering analysis Austin’s team used cutting edge technology known as casing drilling to counter the horizontal stress to reach a Target Depth of 10000 feet successfully. This engineering feat is a credit to the Team of Experts we have assembled.

Go have a read at the Austin Exploration web site
    http://austinexploration.com/assets/colorado-pathfinder-niobrara-usa/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.