CAJ 0.00% 30.0¢ capitol health limited

I look at it slightly differently. Any job, anywhere, is...

1. 1,262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    I look at it slightly differently.  Any job, anywhere, is evolving due to the introduction of advancing technology ... retail, mining, air travel, medicine, what ever.  Consider the enormity of how technology has impacted on the role of an airline pilot ... and those Pilot's didn't drop their bundle, they still fly the plane!

Clearly Radiologists, like everyone in the medical profession, have trained extensively so that they can be effective and efficient ... and save, or give better quality to persons life (thank God for them too).

The technology they use today is so much better than the technology from 25 years ago ... The technology they use in 25 years time is going to be so much better than the technology they use today.  Progress happens.

I see Enlitic as just another advancement in the tools that a Radiologist will use in their testing procedure to arrive at an answer, for this day and age.  It wont replace the Radiologist, it will be a sophisticated assistant to the Radiologist.

The above linked CIO.com article stated:

"The Enlitic algorithm would reverse those roles. The radiologist would identify the areas of interest in the medical image and the computer – when it has become expert at spotting signs of disease – would then render its interpretation for the radiologist to consider.

In this way, the two would be working together, Howard says, as a team.  The fact that the machine is doing the heavy intellectual lifting may, however, hinder its acceptance by radiologists who could feel threatened.  Such concerns were, in fact, the reason the name “computer-aided diagnosis” was changed to “computer-aided detection.”

My opinion is they need to embrace and use Enlitic to it's fullest capabilities ... and not fear it.  Technology comes knocking on everyone's door, again and again!
    Last edited by volvoman: 14/02/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAJ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.