MFF 0.82% $3.71 mff capital investments limited

@dudeboy71, I held MFF until recently and like you noticed that...

1. 4,802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 383
    @dudeboy71, I held MFF until recently and like you noticed that it was going nowhere. I also noticed that Chris Mackay had been (for me) aggressively buying recently. After the drop in Mar 20, Chris obviously thought the virus was going to affect markets for longer, and did not effect a strategy to recover lost ground. The holdings for MFF are major and long term and it appears that the NTA has dropped and the PE has risen. Added to that, the div is not that great. I sold recently and even though MFF is well regarded, the fundamentals do not appear to stack up (currently anyway) with a high PE, NTA down and low div. Even though the manager (Chris) is well regarded, I think he was wrong footed by the downturn and was too slow to initiate a recovery strategy and as such, it will just be a case of waiting for the stock in the portfolio to recover of their own volition. Have a look at the LSF LIC and listen to their latest podcast. They too admitted they were In The wrong place with the Fund to begin with, but took steps, bought aggressively and have turned the fund around. Different strategy ? And different results, but if you have a look at a simple line graph of the two, you will see which one worked. Just my humble opinion, but I have not regretted my sale or even looked back with curiosity !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.71
Change
0.030(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $2.149B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.69 $3.72 $3.69 $791.3K 213.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 13585 $3.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.72 6144 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.