LYC 0.00% $6.02 lynas rare earths limited

Patience..., page-11

1. 2,436 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1624
    I believe you have to back your product/industry and not the spot price.

Most importantly, the western supply chain is and will decouple from the old/manipulated Chinese spot price.

There is now a divergence of supply markets:

1. The Western Market; which has additional price elasticity due to US tariffs. Thats a 25% premium. Further, it has a supply defiicit built in, as the western markets have manadate ex-china supply. Subsequently, you can then see the limited supply coming on market. This renders the chinese spot market price for NdPr useless. i.e. the demand by far exceeds supply, and therefore will attract a premium on the price - at worst this be 25%. In fact, the supply which has been recently modeled due to tariffs and supply chain diversification mandate means there has to be a premium on western supply prices above this, due to excess demand- refer to Europe mandate of an extar 35% demand that is ex-china. So ignore the market manipulation, new contracts will be favourable. If thee not, there is majorly problem with management. Of which we know AL is a smooth operator.

2. The Eastern markets; they will remain open, and anyone that allows human rights, slave labour and other ESG issues in the supply chain will continue to buy this lower cost source. The issue is for this market, on the western markets, those that buy EV's etc with this product, for example if we import an Indian car, it carries the real risk of being quarantined/stuck on the docks. Refer recent EV's in the US.

Conclusion: forget the spot price, the economics have been remodeled, particularly for those that have a genuine agenda, not a paid agenda on social media. I notice one of your resident downrampers refers tired old historic charts regularly. Well, that is so far behind the 8 ball... i.e. If your looking in the rear vison mirror in this industry, then your yesterdays news.

Good luck, and LYC is a great company, and spot price is no longer a metric for the western supply chain.
    Last edited by Birchcorp: 13/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.02
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.627B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ $6.08 $5.88 $237.5K 40K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3214 $6.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.65 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.