MAE 0.00% 0.0¢ marion energy limited

Dont forget the us will soon introduce a cap and trade system as...

1. 1,451 Posts.
    Dont forget the us will soon introduce a cap and trade system as part of its so called economic revival that means coal becomes more expensive and gas becomes more attractive particularily at its current low price.

They do have a very extensive infrastgructure in place and that is a good sweetner too. Multiple compressors and an expensive and difficult to install pipeline across the field. We have definitly done the hard yards for the next guy to come along and run with it. I doubt anyone would try to develop it right now but it is a cheap asset with the potential to ramp up very quickly with the press of the go button. Indeed times are tough and nothing is certain but $50 mill debt is a sneeze of the balance sheets of fortis especially their billions bailout. There is surprisingly more money out there than you might think looking for new homes especialy with the quantitive easing on both sides of the atlantic. IMHO gas prices will certainly rise in the medium term along with inflation rates climbing as more hand outs, bailout, rate cuts, money printing and super low prices kick in. Thats why the markets are "rallying" they are been re-inflated thanks to Mr Ben Bernaky.

The US is swimming in gas just as it was swimming in oil until the 70's when it became a net importer and started its decline. I think they would be silly to go on importing million of barrels daily when they have enough gas to power their economy along nicely.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.