pattinson's tour over, page-12

1. 1,709 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Howzat? Not out. Not even close. Although that still wouldn't stop the umpire's finger going up, not if the 2nd Test was anything to go by!

Starc just bowls too much rubbish for my liking and you're not going to worry quality opposition with someone like that. He has too much Mitchell Johnson in him. A wicket-taker but one who rarely builds up pressure because he bowls too many bad balls which releases all the pressure built up by the other bowlers.

You have to bowl consistent lines and lengths and be at the batsmen the whole time if you're going to make any headway against opposition such as England, especially so in English conditions which reward such bowling.

Harris does that and I think Bird will too whilst Siddle is a proven performer and has the biggest heart of a fast bowler since Merv Hughes. They're definitely the pace attack I would go with in the 3rd Test.

Given that we're 0-2 we should be doing whatever possible, however unlikely it seems, to try and get back into the series.Starc would be too much of a gamble I think.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.