RWD 0.00% 2.7¢ reward minerals ltd

I wouldn't see that opinion as in any way discriminatory, just...

1. 1,477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    I wouldn't see that opinion as in any way discriminatory, just (unfortunately) an accurate assessment of the priorities of some young people, whether they be black, white or brindle. This is pretty evident to anyone whos been to Bali or reads the papers. I know when I was a teenager / in my early 20s that maybe my priorities weren't as they are now. Fortunately, they didn't run to drugs tattoos and large volumes of alcohol. But who could blame young indigenous people? I went to school with a few in the North West and I know for certain that most of the aboriginal kids in my class are now dead from MVAs, domestic violence, alcohol and preventable disease (including HIV). Thats the bleak prospect facing many indigenous people.

But whats the solution? More of the same? Hasn't worked so far. As Noel Pearson has suggested, indigenous people will only ever throw off these shackles through education and training, gainful and rewarding employment, and dissociation of themselves from the patronising and culturally destructive Social security Industry (sentiment, incidentally, that goes doubly for many whites who have had many opportunities many indigenous people never see. Incidentally, how many refugees from Vietnam has anyone seen sponging of welfare? Not many I'll bet; the natural history of folk who choose to escape economic depravation has been to flourish in their adopted country).

How is this achievable? In the first instance, through ethical and negotiated PARTNERSHIPS between indigenous peoples and established industries and companies like RWD, BHP, FMG etc etc, to allow indigenous peoples the financial liberty and independence to develop how they choose as a people. I doubt very much that all indigenous people are content to remain desert dwelling nomads (many may do, for certain) and I suspect that as a people they have exactly the same aspirations as us; notably to want a better life for their kids and loved ones. For some of them that would include a desire to go to University, to develop entrepreneurial skills and, in short, what we want. To suggest aboriginal people lack the basic human desires for a better life is the most racist sentiment possible, IMHO.

Interestingly, Gordon Mandijalu himself states he attended Christian Brothers University (in the US; is the oldest collegiate degree-granting institution in Memphis). As an educated man he must surely see that blocking partnerships between companies like RWD and the Martu will be to deny many of his own people the very opportunities he has benefitted from.

Wishing all my friends and colleagues (and true believers) in RWD (including Desert, Spider and the other contrarians!) a safe and happy 2012. Take care.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RWD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.152M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 34990 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.23pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RWD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.