RWD 17.4% 2.7¢ reward minerals ltd

"You are invested for the good of your own bank account. People...

1. 1,477 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    "You are invested for the good of your own bank account. People only ever buy shares in companies for one reason."

I don't think that is necessarily true. For several years I owned 1 share in a few tobacco-related companies SPECIFICALLY so I could attend their AGM's and try to ask embarrassing questions about the blood on their hands. I have also bought shares in several green energy start-up companies (admittedly without making any money) specifically because I believe thats the way we should be developing. On the negative side I specifically won't invest to make a profit in people like the tobacco coys, Gunns etc. I'm sure many other people do likewise.

People HAVE to act in their own best interest (adam Smiths invisible hand, after all)....but if the best interests of of RWD investors happen to coincide with a windfall for the Martu people then I don't see that as a bad thing. And, to pursue my original point, what would you prefer? Continuation of the dependence of indigenous Australians on handouts? Could there be anything more destructive for the soul or their culture? Apart from these effects, anyone who believes Government Welfare comes without strings is fooling themselves. Personally, I will feel much happier if I make $10,000 from RWD AND my investment helps the Martu in some way than if I made the same money from Woolworths (and I will) without ANY evidence that investment helps indigenous development, in whatever direction the Martu / WDLAC take them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RWD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.004(17.4%)
Mkt cap ! $6.152M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.7¢ 2.7¢ 2.7¢ $2.7K 100K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 189590 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.57pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RWD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.