oorainYou have summed up this whole discussion beautifully, in...

1. 2,780 Posts.
    oorain

You have summed up this whole discussion beautifully, in my opinion, when you say:

"Love her or hate her,Pauline Hansen made an awful lot of this countrys politicians sit up including John Howard
    She said a lot of things that many many people of this country thought or had said themselves.

Brushing it all under the carpet and stiffling discussion will not help. Thats how Hitler got where he did" END

Now, I have never voted for Hanson or "One Nation". Nor would I.

But, she has the right to make comment, as we all do, on any issue that concerns her. I remind people that Australia has not yet been completely taken to the left or worse, so we are all free to make public political comment. That includes Hanson.

I know quite a few older Australians. Let me tell you, that our older generation is fearful of what is presently happening in this Country.

They are not "racists". They are not anti immigration.

But, they are anti the increase in violence in society, the inequitable provision of social services, particularly in health, and, the completely open door policy to unlawful so called "asylum seekers" presently being taken by this Labor government. they are concerned that the sentry is asleep at her post.

My elderly friends could not give a hoot about gay marriage. It's not on their radar. But, they do give a hoot about increasing energy and water costs and their personal safety.

They would like to see our social benefits being used to take care of our own. We don't want Australians, particularly children, being homeless. We don't want elderly Australians being left to fend for themselves and being treated like second class citizens re health care, when they see the red carpet being rolled out to God knows who, people who have arrived illegally by virtue of paying people smugglers.

I would suggest that for these reasons, there are quite a few people, who, whilst they do not directly support Pauline Hanson politically, are certainly hearing and agreeing with what she says. And, for very good reason, I suggest.

I would strongly encourage the current Gillard/Greens/Oakshott/Windsor coalition of the brains trust, pay particular heed to what a very large percentage of the electorate are saying.

Failure to do so will have dire consequences for them politically.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.