GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

paulson goes all in ..., page-6

1. 1,702 Posts.
    eddyt and parrot i think we're in very interesting times.......... I don't think we can look at daily movements in usds and gold and other commods and have clear conviction where we'll be short term...... I have been saying for a while I reckon gold will get seriously wild here and range in $500 --- possible $2000 in the next 6-12 mos....... I do agree with parrot that what the Fed has done now is unprecedented and shows how scared they are of financial implosion in the US of As........... Probably stepping back we're just seeing more of the demise of the greatest world empire since the Brits and before that the Spaniards and the Romans....... (I know there were others history buffs!!!)........ But it's that seminal what's going on..... times like this tend to play out with a period of massive volatility (we're in that), followed by relative calm for a few months then the big trend takes hold....... It's really fascinating to watch from a historical sense........ but back to parrots initial post, the yanks are in real trouble and the trillions they will use to prop the ailing system up now PLUS the huge amounts on war spending is the beginning of the middle of the end.......... But we certainly could get one super consumer led spike again with easier money and all the mistakes of old conspiring one last time to break the system............. gee poor old dikkie fuld at lehman must feel unhappy that his good mates at the Fed, and in the treasury who he has spent countless weekends away in the Hamptons and Matha's Vineyard with, have abandoned him......... They say Lehman employees have collectively lost $15-$20 billion USDs on their holdings in the Fuld-family run company..........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.