KYC 0.00% 57.5¢ keycorp limited

pay pass, page-2

1. 1,108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 193
    Monica,
    you may be a bit confused. i know I still am! There are no guarantees. Technology is changing all the time. probably why only mug punters invest in this sector.
    EMV is the security standard for all chip smart cards. The dominant open card platforms were Java based and Multos. Visa supported Java and Mastercard Multos. Europe went chip meaning they went EMV but instead of going with the open systems (which allows for multiple applications eg adding loyalty and lets say a contactless technology ) they opted for single issue cards tied to their particular institution ie a bank.
    So then along comes wireless and the mobile phone. Mastercard develops PayPass and Visa PayWave. A few drawbacks but in any case wireless payment is now seen as the add-on that will push the world to multi-application smart cards.
    So if all works out multi-application open card platform smart cards should be cool. Not only will they be on cards but also in phones. Of course its expensive and so everyone is keeping costs down by using less secure technology and they are coming a cropper.
    Keycorp is in the picture as a technology developer for the Multos system it is now an owner of this system. Mastercard is out for Mastercard but as it pushes out its contactless system it does so a bit like an enticement to upgrade to EMV multi-app cards.
    The development of instant issuance of cards, by individual banks and even retailers is the next big impetus as is the need for secure ID cards. One major partner of Keycorp recently signed up its 400th customer for its instant issuer technology.
    Keycorp would gain fees not on the basis of paypass issuance but only where a Multos EMV chip card was issued which had paypass or perhaps another contactlless technology as its add-on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KYC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.