APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

I think the visa partnership will be about a better in-store...

1. 1,158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    I think the visa partnership will be about a better in-store experience than the one currently provided by the barcode system.

Afterpay (and it’s copycats) are the only businesses that facilitate payments AND take on credit risk. None of these partnerships do so. MasterCard and Visa are only interested in maintaining their critical role in the rapidly evolving payments landscape, they are not going to suddenly take up credit risk.

I don’t know what will happen, but I am confident that:
    - the team is operationally excellent and will appropriately manage future developments. To put perspective on Nicks attention to detail- he is literally liking every the quality afterpayusa and Clearpay social media posts on a daily basis, how many other CEOs can be bothered doing something like that? He lives and breathes Afterpay.
    - the stuff that actually matters are revenue growth, bad debts expenses and user/retailer numbers. Everything else is noise. You may have noticed that the short attacks always occur during a period of likely news vacuum. Given the pending AGM and the chance of market sensitive information being released, they will have to cover before that time -if they are half smart, although irrespectively of whether Afterpay is over or undervalued, shorting one of the most loved consumer brands with the fastest growing revenue for the size of its business (I actually don’t think there is anything of Afterpays size growing as fast as it is in the World- hype likes of Alteryx are cycling 60% pcp numbers to Afterpays 100+) - is downright stupid.

if you look at the quality of short theses on the likes of Wisetech (which even still got a lot wrong) and that which has been published on Afterpay, it is chalk and cheese.

I am happy to re-assess 5 years out and will happily acknowledge if I am wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.