APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

that Afterpay was now in-store. We'll see what the detail of the...

1. 427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439
    I'm not sure where exactly it was mentioned, however in-store rollout in Australia did not go as smoothly as it may have looked to outside people. I'm not across all the issues, however one was training of store staff. I do recall seeing a recent customer review where they had an issue with an employee of Myer not knowing f
    that Afterpay was now in-store.

We'll see what the detail of the Visa partnership is, I'd expect more detail at the AGM. I do think it will be a little less extreme than some of the musings of Hot Copper posters. Think a better rate, and think more alignment between the software so that payments can be as seamless as possible. I do think it will benefit the in-store rollout when it occurs. Nick mentioned this on the "Raising the Bar" podcast he was recently on.

Remember that Visa is also invested in Klarna, and what @mal85 says is accurate, Visa and Mastercard run the rails and want to ensure they can still grow in the payment space. BNPL, doesn't change the fact that payments on credit or debit cards take place - Visa and MC still get their piece of the pie.

Nick also mentioned the barcode system is still in place for future in-store rollouts, likening it to a similar process used in many retailers for gift cards (again on the podcast).

People who have gone short seem to either be intraday traders (most frequent), short term shorts (1-3 months), and I know of only two long term shorts on this stock. Those who fall in the middle category are most successful during periods of low news, and uncertainty (think senate inquiry period between AGM and inquiry). Those who fall in the first category are the ones that flood HC and Twitter for a few days with pictures of charts and reposts of articles or HC screenshots. And it seems those who fall in the latter category don't like Tesla.

If you were savvy you could make money being both short and long on this stock by taking advantage of these different periods, however a short position can be risky as in my opinion you can move from no news to a flood in a short period of time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.