APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

I posted this in the Z1P forum but my views are the same for the...

1. 78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    I posted this in the Z1P forum but my views are the same for the APT.. I hold both shares at a similar level in my portfolio

The share price is taking a hit or a correction - depending how you look at it...

Step back and look at a monthly view of the APT share price . Just look at a graph APT is back to where it was on March 17th and on August 24th .. this is an impressive growth DATA since the COVID 19 pandemic..

In that time APT has excellent growth in active consumers and merchants, new territories, products and partnerships, .. it is growing so fast and grabbing more and more real estate in the BNPL marketplace .. so the costs and the debt are of little consequence in this growth phase..

Paypal has been operating before APT and is under threat from the BNPL sector. Paypal has been in the payment market for scores of years and can be considered the dinosaur - slow to react and sounding scary, but just too slow to understand and not focused on the millennial market.

I am older and I am from the Paypal era and that is NOT now.. Now is the time of the focused Fintechs who are based on social media and mobile commerce and offer new and innovative solutions that disrupt the entrenched dinosaurs and reward consumers.

This recent shareprice response to Paypal announcement does scare me. We have known in the market that Paypal will add a BNPL.. it had already done the research last year and started in France several months back. Paypal has had several attempts at similar type products over the years - and allowed the innovative BNPL Aussies into the game.

I DONT think this announcement scares APT ..

APT has been born in the shadows of the payments dinosaurs - the Paypals, the VISAs and the CBAs. They can out-compete them and they are doing so already. That is why they need this continue growth in SME merchants and younger customers.. and can adjust the margins later once they are game... at a critical mass.

APT will continue to raise, even as the dinosaurs try to follow in their footsteps.

Hold and wait for the next results announcement... it will continue to stack up the results and outperform. Choose your dip price well

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.