APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Sorry for the late reply mate.PayPal's product is to offer the...

1. 161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    Sorry for the late reply mate.

PayPal's product is to offer the exact same product to merchants (they charge the merchant the same fees) but to split the repayments over 4 instalments. Effectively they're absorbing all the risk for no additional reward. IMO not off to a great start...

Additionally, consumers don't really make purchasing decisions because some one offers PayPal. They also don't do this with Visa / Mastercard either, but they do with Afterpay.

Finally, I believe the PayPal surcharge can be oncharged to the consumer (at least in Australia, unsure about USA). I'm not sure there's many people willing to pay more for the same product.

I honestly believe it's a company trying to diversify into a new market that they haven't done their due diligence in. It seems like they're trying to compete based purely with their size. But in the end, it's the consumer who makes the decision on the payment option. I don't see consumers actively choosing PayPal over Afterpay and my gut instinct grows more confident every day that I read the positive / negative comments on the topic.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.