CSK 0.00% 37.0¢ crowdspark ltd

payphone battlelines drawn up, page-10

1. 579 Posts.
    I found this post very handy:

http://www.hotcopper.com.au/post_single.asp?fid=1&tid=1123028&msgid=6279134

Essentially there's the option for users to pay for phone calls and Internet, but I can see Telstra being far more interested in the 'sponsored services' method. In a public setting such as a food court I can see this being popular.

A quick scenario:

Lets say your having lunch with a mate and you mention a website they should check out. Almost all of us have the option to use our mobile to view it, but in reality looking at anything more than a basic website on most mobiles isn't exactly spectacular - especially when more than one person is viewing the same screen.

10 metres away you see a Pie Payphone with a large screen and a small banner reading 'Free Internet', so naturally you take a look. You enter the address and view the website, most likely viewing a brief advertisement from the 'sponsor'. Simple.

Although its only a brief transaction the terminal has a captive audience resulting in a win/win for both parties. You get to surf the Internet (free) and the sponsor has a wide, captive audience with a reason to view the advertisement (no time for a toilet break!).

You can see why Telstra is interested, this payphone is an entirely new advertising medium and companies pay BIG money to make their name known.

I should mention I only bought in today @ 3.1c after much deliberation, the original plan was to buy in on Monday (doh!) but work got in the way :/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.