PBI premier bionics limited

pbi rampers , page-21

1. 6,900 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    re: pbi realists Javip,

i think you have misunderstood my position here
    A: I would say that you are the one mis understanding my position as much as i am trying to understand yours

TIMING, is only relevant to daytraders.. i am, thankfully, am not a daytrader
    A: Timing is relevant to all types of investing not just daytraders, as you are stating.
    History can supply many examples of that.

the profits u speak of going from stock to stock, are only relevant if you are a daytrader
    A: Your assumption of me being a daytrader is so far off the mark it is not funny

it still astounds me, how many people daytrade.. especially given all the evidence etc that daytraders are generally worse off than people with no knowledge of the stock market who pick a random assortment of stocks and don't look at them for a few years!!
    A: once again an unfounded statement that contains no substance
    A: that is such a general statement, and therefore we may say another "that all investors are the ones that make money......please

the other term u refer to, of people falling in love with stocks, also refers to daytraders, as they have a strategy to pull out at certain prices, then fall in love with it, and lose out coz of their short term mentality
    A: you refer to all as the samethis staatement once again is unfounded

u'll find the people who make the money, are the people who research, research and RESEARCH. and then sit back and wait for it all to happen.
    A: you should get a role at a market research company with statements like these..

don't forget, those profits you speak of, are cut in half due to tax, and minus whatever u pay for brokerage..
    A: well not true again, but all profits are up for a taxable component, that i agree.

so while i agree with u on one point, that you should never fall in love with a stock and think UNjustifiably that it will all be better in the long term as a result.. there's a HUGE difference between doing that (what daytraders do) and doing what real investors do, and researching something and sticking with it while all the sheep do the opposite, to reap the rewards at a later date.
    A: this sheep doing the opposite bit has me bemused.
    History has shown that long term investing can make money and lose money.
    1 example of this is when AMP floated, let me say here, to go against your long term investor stratergy that i wouldnt wish to be holding AMP shares now when i could have locked them in at a HUGE profit at over $40......should i hold and wait another 20 years???

i'm not ramping or even trying to, but while what u say may be of relevance to daytraders in this stock, it is 100% irrelevant to long term investors.
    A: it is not just relevant to day traders but investors also......If you are still sitting in this stock from 2 years agoyou have now got 1/3 of your money left, if you bought a few months ago you could have a half....a dn we are talking sound investing skills???
    If you reply dont feed me the 20 year scenario.......

if you want to say something relevant to me, and other long term holders, then tell us WHY you think this stock will continue to perform poorly, WHY it won't go up given it's huge potential and products still being in delevopment
    A: i have not stated that this stock will continue to perform poorly, there is only one thing that judges the investment and that is PROFITS!!! that is the only reason we invest.

if u think the products will fail, or people won't buy them, or something else, which will keep the price down in the long term.. then please, mention them and i will listen and perhaps change my opinion
    A:once again i have not bagged, canned or discredited the company in anyway, all i have questioned is why would you buy now?? or two months ago or two years ago for that matter??
    What i am saying to you is why not buy when the stock starts to move forward???? why not invest in it then???
    For example: i bought HSP approximately 5 years ago, i still hold them but if i'd bought them 5 years prior it would have been a waste of 5 years investing because the stock didnt move in price.... does that make sense??

but if your opinion is based on a chart, impatience, a daytraders mentality, or simply to jusitfy your own position (something you are accusing ME of doing) then keep it to yourself
    A:your assumptions again are incorrect, and i am not accusing you of anything other than trying to make you see that timing is important in investing

PS: i'm not in love with this stock. if at any point something happens which causes me to think that in the LONG term FUTURE it's not going to go where i think it will, then i will pull out.
    until then, i'm not going to suddenly change my view of the company which is based on lots and lots of research, because a few day traders and impatient people have decided to sell

A: exactly my point.......as you state "if at any point something happens"

if something happens tomorrow you have lost money and so have alot of other people......and alot of money people will have lost...

Javip,

I truly hope this goes well for you and as i have stated i do hold a few of these (i did get my timini wrong badly)
    but will be waiting for a reversal and then and only then will i look at picking up some more....

TIMING IS IMPORTANT IN INVESTING!!!!

wish you well take care....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.