IMM 1.85% 39.8¢ immutep limited

I'd be very interested in any feedback on yesterday's ASCO...

1. 590 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    I'd be very interested in any feedback on yesterday's ASCO presentation hopefully in the form of a company announcement.

Meanwhile, I read a disturbing report on the ABC site over the weekend headed "Westernisation will see cancer rates soar: study". You can find the source document on the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) website.

The Cancer Agency study titled "Human development central to changing cancer burden" (1st June 2012) says that "If the cancer-specific and sex-specific trends estimated in this study continues, we predict an increase in the incidence of all-cancer cases from 12.7 million new cases in 2008 to 22.2 million by 2030."

The study suggests that better living standards in the developing world will lead to higher rates of certain types of cancer. Ironic isn't it. You can have a better standard of living but your health will suffer!

"Our findings suggest that rapid societal and economic transition in many countries means that any reductions in infection-related cancers are offset by an increasing number of new cases that are more associated with reproductive, dietary and hormonal factors."

"Tartgeted interventions can lead to a decrease in the projected increases in cancer burden through effective primary prevention strategies, alongside the implementation of vaccination, early dection and effective treatment programmes."

Prima Biomed's progression to Phase 111 trials of CVac and their potential oral gardisal vaccination method means that the company may well be at the forefront of worldwide efforts to lessen the impact of increasing cancers throughout developing countries.

Regards,

Goggo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.8¢
Change
-0.008(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $581.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.5¢ 40.3¢ 39.0¢ $312.1K 792.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 49249 39.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 61875 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.54am 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.