Agree with what you say. There are some aspects of a Windows PC...

1. 3,495 Posts.
    Agree with what you say. There are some aspects of a Windows PC when compared to a MAC PC that might, just might irritate enough users to accelerate the shift unless MS does something to counteract it. OS X is much faster, more stable and simpler to use, and has many unique features, some reminiscent of what I used many moons ago on Solaris and SGI workstations. Not surprising really since they are unix based. On the face of it these reasons may not be enough to overtake MS Windows as it has such a strong stranglehold over the world. However, I've noticed that a typical MAC laptop takes just a few seconds to boot up and shut down. Takes a couple of seconds to open the Safari browser and immediately do work, while IE and even Firefox struggle to open on a PC with the same hardware specs sitting next to it. With the recently released Snow Leopard upgrade, it's even faster and the footprint is cut dramatically releasing a large amount of disk space. Despite all this I think most people will stay with MS Windows, including myself, for a variety of reasons. I suppose eventually it will mature enough to be an excellent system. May take many years but it should get there eventually, I hope.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.