LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

... and some more fog bombs to be found...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85

... and some more fog bombs to be found here:

https://www.thevibes.com/articles/news/55985/who-are-you-protecting-why-keep-defending-lynas-fuziah-salleh

MALAYSIA

Who are you protecting, why keep defending Lynas: Fuziah Salleh

Is Aussie company so powerful that changing govts won’t act against them, asks PKR MP

Updated 12 hours ago · Published on 10 Mar 2022 5:43PM · 0 Comments

12Shares
    facebook sharing button
    twitter sharing button
    email sharing button
    whatsapp sharing button
    wechat sharing button
    print sharing button
    Who are you protecting, why keep defending Lynas: Fuziah Salleh

Fuziah Salleh says that despite having raised issues concerning Lynas for over 10 years, her words continue to fall on deaf ears. – Facebook p
    KUALA LUMPUR – Unimpressed by the apparent reluctance of past and present governments to act against Lynas, a PKR lawmaker today demanded explanation over why the rare earth facility appears to be given “special protection”.An ostensibly frustrated Fuziah Salleh (Kuantan-PH) did not hide her dissatisfaction at how the authorities continue to allow Lynas to operate in the country despite the dangers posed by its radioactive waste.

“One by one, the government has changed but still the problem persists. Why can’t any of the agencies or ministers answer? Is Lynas that powerful?” she asked during her royal address in the Dewan Rakyat today.

“Lynas has never paid tax because they are 100% an Australian company. So why are we defending and protecting them?

“What are you hiding? Who are you protecting? Supposedly those in power should be responsible to the rakyat. The decisions we make should be sustainable.”

Fuziah was raising her concerns with the government’s decision to continue allowing the proposed construction of Lynas Malaysia Sdn Bhd’s permanent disposal facility (PDF) in Gebeng Industrial Area in Kuantan, Pahang.

She pointed out that the estate has been gazetted as a chemical industrial site and is not suitable for the disposal of radioactive waste.

The opposition lawmaker added that it baffles her that those in power are closing an eye on the issue, saying future generations will be the ones who will bear the brunt of Lynas' toxic waste disposals here.

“When the environmental impact assessments to build Lynas’ PDF in other locations were rejected, the government just closed its eyes (and allowed for it to be constructed in Gebeng). This is what I don’t understand.”

Fuziah bemoaned that despite having raised issues concerning Lynas for over 10 years, her words continue to fall on deaf ears.

“I even asked Datuk Seri Wilfred Madius Tangau (Tuaran-Upko), who previously served as science, technology and innovation minister (from 2015 to 2018), and even he said he can’t answer but acknowledged that Lynas is a sensitive issue that must not be touched.

“I am angry and disappointed. From the government that brought in Lynas until today’s administration, they keep cleaning up Lynas’ dirt.”

She said since she was only deputy minister during this period, she was not able to air her views in cabinet and could only speak outside.

“It’s true Langkawi did not want to shut Lynas. He’s not here today, otherwise he can answer why he made that decision.

“Perhaps he was not with us when I and the others were campaigning against Lynas’ operation in Kuantan.” – The Vibes, March 10, 2022

-------------------------
    My comment on this:

I'm also angry and disappointed, Fuzzy. If someone dies, the one affected doesn't suffer too much, but all around are sad. The same is it with insisting stupidity. If you are the ONLY ONE seeing "the truth", maybe it's time to clean the glasses.

Kind regards, FXNCLN

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.