PDI 4.08% 25.5¢ predictive discovery limited

Whilst PDI is getting no immediate joy from current record gold...

1. 625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 211
    Whilst PDI is getting no immediate joy from current record gold prices, it's certainly not the only company to be experiencing this situation. You only have to look at a few Australian gold companies (explorers or producers) in West Africa or Australia to figure that out. Angus Geddes, underscores this current situation with his analysis below. I'm certainly sleeping well at night with being overweight with PDI and other gold equities in the portfolio.

A$ spot gold prices pushed above $3000oz for the first time in history. The breakout into record territory marks a new historic high for spot gold A$ prices. Rising A$ gold prices are becoming an important tailwind for the gold sector

Australian precious metals stocks generally had a strong day but remain well down from the highs of a few weeks ago. The recent breakout of the Australian gold index is technically a positive development which favours further upside extension. The index at c7300 is well down from the ten year highs above 9600 reflecting the extensive sector derating of the past few years. The gold sector still looks cheap on a price to NPV basis, and I think there is further scope to rerate if spot A$ gold prices can hold above $3000 delivering a solid margin boost for producers.

ASX200 gold index

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
0.010(4.08%)
Mkt cap ! $599.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.5¢ 24.3¢ $966.6K 3.894M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20999 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 21982 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.