PDI 13.2% 23.0¢ predictive discovery limited

PDI Chart and T/A, page-901

1. 610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    Without getting too political, in my view, I'd temper that 80c estimate down significantly, given that the Australia mining sector faces many headwinds & significant risks including:

- a successful referendum to for the establishment of the Voice, & all that follows including the likelihood of a treaty & a great deal of uncertainty.
    - escalating inflation & subsequent rate rises.
    - a government that has a history of "pulling a rabbit out of the hat" for a quick ill conceived money grab in the form of a mining tax.
    - a government obsessed with achieving net zero by 2050, and all that it entails, including increased energy costs, possible limited access to finance unless criteria are met etc.

I note that in Geoenthusiast's recent post that he included what appears to be an extract from an analyst's report that stated "...PDI have a 15% dilution to Guinea govt & a further 30% discount to equivalent Australian based producers for jurisdictional risk". I'd be interested to know the metric that they used to calculate the 30% discount.

Of course Australia does not have the contextual risks that Guinea has, but it's certainly not sovereign risk free & facing additional challenges for the sector. I am more than comfortable & in many ways sleep better at night with significant investment in companies operating outside of Australia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.