PDI 3.92% 24.5¢ predictive discovery limited

Well post the Nyanzaga aquisition PRU had US$587M on hand, with...

1. 1,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 332
    Well post the Nyanzaga aquisition PRU had US$587M on hand, with the purchase of the PDI stake (-$US58M) and the sale of their stake in Montage gold recently (+$US45M) they're left with approx. US$574M with another undrawn $US300M as a line of credit if they need it. So it's a pretty decent warchest, yet with Nyanzaga capex at around $US474M still to majority sunk they will be somewhat capital constrained in the next 12-18 months.

I tend to agree with you that "when" the Bankan permit is issued all hell could break loose, as it will basically overnight become probably the premier undeveloped gold project in West Africa. I dunno' if you knew this, but PDI appointed Henk Diederichs as their COO, who was the ex-MD of Orecorp, who PRU acquired as part of the Nyanzaga deal. So what does this all mean? Are PRU building a stake in PDI directly with a share purchase and also indirectly by getting one of their advocates into a management role? Or is it all a coincidence?

I think for the time being PRU will be happy with their position, but this situation could start developing quite quickly as potential suitors start jostling for position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.