PDN 0.07% $13.99 paladin energy ltd

pdn today, page-4

1. al1
    2,005 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31

scientist
    esp this stock...way over sold....i've topped up in excess of 60% yesterday on the lows

but I tell you...this company is now a prime target for a cheap takeover....
    oh..it'll be well above our recent recovery high..i believe...as the fund managers won't cop a loss and I believe they have been active in the market decreasing their over all buy av......

they won't mind it closing at a paper loss on june 30.....

they will value it for tax purpose at the closing price and booking a loss....then claiming that loss as a deduction against profits that are taxable...

but from July 1 onwards its a new ball game a new tax year.....

as they hold and or manage the majority of the pdn shares they will be calling the shots on an takeover offers......

really can't see PDN with standing a hostile takeover....not in this market.....
    800M+ shares at even $3 = about $2.6B add on the conv notes and small bank debt deduct cash held....factor in inventory held.....

with 2 operational plants and canada open for business....there would be a few companies looking this one over....they look to the future of the development of Nuclear Reactors and the future secure supply of uranium.....

these plants are already built ..so they have an available source or uranium ready to go...no waiting.......and they are not in Australia...so that puts the FIRB on the outer if they only buy offshore assets...

but I don't feel the FIRB would block a takeover by companies based in countries that are considered friends of Australia....

India is now even considered to be in the friendship circle of friends for uranium sales......

China and Russia..well that may be a different issue.....

lets wait and see what 2012 to 2013 tax year brings forth.....

i consider it a buy at these levels....just like the placement buyers did and the 2017 conv note buyers did

the strike was a small glitch...happens to the best of companies.....

2 jap nuclear plants to go online.....after consultation with provincial governors and the people in those provinces...

BUT FROM legal stand point the jap Govt does not need their approval......

Its a political courtesy and they don't want to lose voter confidence....

many more nuclear plants in the planning and some under construction

Germany will have to bite the bullet and tell the greens to back off as they will have major power shortages.....

They are also going to have to deal with new plants being planned to be build in countries adjacent to their borders.....

These plants they will not be able to monitor for safety...

The French are in the same boat...they have become so heavily reliant on Nuclear power that turning back the clock is virtually impossible....any other form of power generation will result in sky rocketing electricity price and inflation will get out of control as manufacturers pass on the added costs to consumers.

good luck...hold tight

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.99
Change
0.010(0.07%)
Mkt cap ! $4.182B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.78 $14.02 $13.62 $27.61M 1.999M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 198 $13.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.00 5278 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.