TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

So Tassal, I understand is now Tasmania's largest single...

1. 290 Posts.
    So Tassal, I understand is now Tasmania's largest single employer and thus has political significance down there (hopefully not similar to Gunns previous influence)

Tassal and the privately owned Huon Aquiculture makes up pretty much over 90% of Australian Atlantic Salmon output...

Tassal used to trail Huon, but with the last few years extensive CAPX now holds a dominant share of the market infrastructure that can't be replicated, due to regulatory barriers...eg. sea cages in public waterways.

If you believe Tassal, the new infrastructure is world leading, hence their 2015 goal to hold absolute competitive advantage globally (on par with Norway companies)...a bit ambitious

Anyway, the only viable competition from imports is in the form of packaged smoked Salmon and canned stuff.....

Tassal bought the former dominant imported package brand (Superior Gold)..........but is facing increasingly tough competition from the new foreign vehicle 'Ocean Blue' as you will see in your local supermarket

The domestic market is however a duopoly with significant barriers to entry in the form of CAPX and regulation

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.