FAR 2.17% 47.0¢ far limited

PE/project conundrum...up to Banks and the Govt., page-13

1. 2,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 560
    I have seen no reason thus far to change my view that WPL are keeping the seat warm.
    Kfann's post to me is more confirmation that this is "Big Oil" country.
    WPL isn't "Big Oil".
    It does seem that because of the delays, WPL will be keeping the seat warm for some time to come.
    That is that WPL will be "participating", for quite some time to come yet.
    So long as there are no delays the Govt will be happy.
    As Kfann says perhaps this takes the pressure off FAR. In fact perhaps FAR doesn't want a result in the near or intermediate term.
    Would it be possible that actually now it is in FAR's interest to kick the arbitration "can" as far down the road as possible. It is FAR that has told us "out of the blue" that a result is more than a year away.
    One minute posters were talking about TOR's, imminent hearings and a decision within months to official FAR release saying more than a year hence?
    We were all thinking that everyone else wants to delay to put pressure on FAR. Or COP to suit their own interests?
    Perhaps it is the opposite?
    Does the passing of time and delays actually change the merits of FAR's case which I believe can only have a binary outcome.
    If COP delays had the intention of "squeezing" FAR is it working.
    How much FAR can be "squeezed" I believe will depend on the relationship between FAR, FAR's backer and the Govt.
    More likely that COP delay's were/are just self serving.
    All stuff that we know nothing about, and can only speculate.
    If FAR's backer, in the broadest sense, that is, Company, Country, Govt, has a good relationship with the Senegalese Govt it is quiet possible that WPL could be "hung out to dry", until a time that suits.
    If part of the above correct then who would the pressure really be on?
    How would PC be feeling about the "noise".
    Obviously I am a part of the Pom Pom brigade, and want what I believe was a wrong put right.
    Seems to me that such extended delays could put WPL in a "untenable" position, notwithstanding that they can't do anything about it.
    All just pure opinion
    We will see! However it does seem that we may have to wait for quite some time yet!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.010(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $43.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 47.5¢ 45.0¢ $74.80K 161.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.5¢ 26333 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.