re: peaceniks are useful idiots. Oliveoyl, if pointing the...

1. 930 Posts.
    re: peaceniks are useful idiots. Oliveoyl, if pointing the finger at "useful idiots" is anti intellectual, then let me be badgeholder no. 1 in the Anti Intellectual Party, a position i will hold with pride.

The irony does not escape me , that it was you , not i ,that pointed the finger at the source of the "useful idiots", those vocal intellectual narcissists who continually back the wrong horses, then leave it to the "great unwashed" to pay the price of their arrogance ,in perpetuity.
    Drunk with their self importance, these modern day Don Quixotes roam the world with their politically correct lances tilting at every western cultural Windmill.

I love this discription:

It is one of the anomalies of our time that it was highly intelligent people who willingly and actively supported Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, and Mao during the twentieth-century supremacy of these master genocidists. These irrationalist intellectuals—a "chorus for tyranny" —all lived in democratic societies; their assent was thus born not out of fear but out of a conscious decision to ignore reason. Mark Lilla coined a phrase for these reckless minds: the "philotyrannical intellectual." This "social type," he says, included "distinguished professors, gifted poets and influential journalists [who] summoned their talents to convince all who would listen that modern tyrants were liberators." Perhaps they were inspired by Hegel, the nineteenth-century German philosopher, who wrote: "A mighty figure must trample many an innocent flower underfoot and destroy much that lies in its path." Osama bin Laden and his ilk would certainly agree with the observation of this Teutonic infidel.

Amen.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.