PEK 0.00% 18.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Peak Noise, page-182

1. sjl
    1,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 322
    ::wiggles hands::

In this specific instance, I don't think that the melodrama is unwarranted. Consider: Peak has this one project, upon which a huge amount of money has been spent, and it's waiting upon a license to proceed further. If that license is not granted... then what? What is left in the basket? Another exploration project that may or may not pan out?

We're at the stage where the SML really is the 'make or break' moment for this company. I do believe it's on the cusp of being granted; if I didn't believe that, I'd have sold out by now. But the gradual drift downwards (from a recent high, I will note, of around 14 cents) reflects the increasing risk of the license not being granted.

Suppose, for the sake of discussion, that the Tanzanian government came right out and said "no, we're not giving you this license". How much would you value Peak Resources at in that circumstance? I'm not saying that I consider it a likely scenario. I'm simply saying that it is not a scenario that can be dismissed out of hand - not after over three years of waiting. In that respect, being prepared to 'lose everything' (invested in the company) is something that has to be considered.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.28M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.0¢ $28.86K 157.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19879 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 11895 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.