CTM 6.59% 42.5¢ centaurus metals limited

Pebas, page-3

1. 12,830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15644
    Great post ans so will throw in on this :-

So folk's s much can be read around the threads of on the Cobalt Plays . All of them seemingly searching for answers as to why the stagnant and in some cases declining share prices of not only us by many of the ' Market Darlings ' in this space. My view is it is not so much about Cobalt as it is about Nickel. Here's my simple logic as to the reason's why :-

" our cells should be called Nickel - Graphite , because primarily the cathode is Nickel and the anode side is Graphite with silicon oxide "

- Elon Musk

It takes a lot to move the needle on the Nickel Market , since it is already in excess of $20 billion per year for the raw material.

But Elon Musk's point is Nickel is the most important metal by mass in lio-ion battery cathodes.

They say that even more importantly , future battery chemistries will have more nickel , not less.

So why more Nickel ?

Every new generation of NMC is getting optimized for more nickel to increase the energy density by approx 20% , while reducing raw material costs.

Together these improvements help make each KWh of battery storage capacity more cost competitive to manufacture.

Ultimately Nickel will make up 80% of the mass in NCA and NMC cathodes , used by companies like Telsa and Chev ( Bolt ).

So I reckon folk's this is what's been the overall drag on EV metals as of late - in particular Li , Cobalt and Graphite . And this is predominately because Nickel is a very mature market with an abundant amount of established production and in many instances capturing the ' Cobalt ' which have normally accompanied this established production.

Henceforth the apparent current collapsing of the price once again in comparison to the 2007 rise and rise. On closer inspection of this chart, it does very much look like the current bottom is around $25 USD per pound and forming a similar base which took it to $60 USD per pound back in 2008. This would also go a long way in explaining why the Heavyweights of the Mining Industry ( BHP / RIO's etc... ) haven't quite jumped yet. They already have most of it stitched up.

Only my opinions of course. However I agree with most here in that the sooner we get on with additional drilling of other tenements as well as the continuing reporting and proving up further tonnage on what's been currently been reported to date , the better off the SP will undoubtedly be. We definitely seem to be bouncing along the very bottom of the valuation range ATM. When is snaps there will be a nice 77 % - 100 % gain on the accumulation's here and now. But always keep in mind that Cobalt has always been classed as ' credits ' in the economic calculations of many nickel operations .....and their are plenty of them currently out there..........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.5¢
Change
-0.030(6.59%)
Mkt cap ! $210.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.5¢ 45.5¢ 42.0¢ $324.4K 752.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1998 42.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 28699 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.