BMN 5.50% $2.30 bannerman energy ltd

peer comparison, page-2

1. 739 Posts.
    clearly opex is the reason this stock is performing poorly and the bottom line is, bmn wont produce uranium from etango until 1 or both of the following are met:

.uranium prices rise substantially , or,

.mgt reduce opex substantially

basically, bmn stock will not resume an aggressive uptrend toward $1 until the above are met or at least one anyway.

its hard to see uranium prices going through the roof anytime soon with all the uncertainty surrounding global economies, personally, i think we are still in for a rough time globally so i am not betting on US$100 lb U3O8 in the short term

so its now up to mgt, can they get the opex down?? there is no reason why they cant, it would be good to really get an idea of each unit of cost to produce and analyse it in detail, surely it can be reduced, they have similar grades to forsys, but forsys have $29 lb costs

opex must come down before bmn can access finance..bottom line

no financial inst or JV partner will want to aid bmn if the opex remains elevated, with the uranium price still under pressure and future uncertainties remain...its unlikely a partner will be eager to get on board

or else they would have already and of course if one party wants to get involved banking on future easing in global economies this may spark others into the frame so this is also unlikely

IMO, bmn is stuck in a difficult situation until either one or both of the points above can be met

IMO, the latter needs to happen and probably will happen before the former....and if for some unknown reason, bmn mgt cannot reduce the opex enough, either new mgt will be required or etango simply will not go ahead and in simply terms, will be placed in care and maintenance...of course this is the worst case scenario for bmn stock holders but in reality, its unfortunately possible

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.30
Change
0.120(5.50%)
Mkt cap ! $410.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.18 $2.31 $2.17 $2.017M 892.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 $2.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.31 19901 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.