X64 0.00% 57.0¢ ten sixty four limited

Peers, page-2

1. 13,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3954
    You need to be careful with these numbers.
    E.g. KCN expenses ALL development costs at its Chatree mine. I.e it does not capitalise any development expenses even though that would have been a legitimate way to report AISC. Others do capitalise some of their development expense and I would expect MML is doing so to get its $900-1000/oz forecast. This can be very significant with underground miners in particular because underground development work is a major cost. So if KCN does not capitalise any of this even though say 30% of it could have been legitimately capitalised and another company capitalises 30 or 40% of the cost, then the AISC could vary by something like $100-$200/oz just because of the different reporting standards used.
    Unfortunately you can't compare companies on AISC unless you know they calculate it in a very similar way. I think its safer to look at cash flow and check itemised expenses and decide for yourself what the actual AISC is using your own standardised method. Then you can compare that between companies or just use it to decide if you want to invest in any one company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add X64 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.