PEK 0.00% 21.0¢ peak rare earths limited

What an Australian centric approach to the world you have there....

1. 3,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 360

What an Australian centric approach to the world you have there. I'm not actually going to discount it- I doubt I would ever have the knowledge or intelligence to really discount anything. I'm just calling it unlikely what you are portraying.

What you are suggesting sounds like an American movie except that Australia wins the day, seemingly enlightening the U.S to China's wrong doings- all while rallying the troops in the face of insurmountable odds. By the number of thumbs up you received we Australia, were obviously victorious in the end which is awesome.

I'm dubious though.

My reading into what is happening right now is that the U.S, Australia- and basically the west have a viable economic plan if China collapses. I say this because if all this is all just a show of doing the right thing why did it take so long for Australia/the west to do this?

Another thing that gets me wondering is why did Scott Morrison call for the Covid enquiry on behalf of Australia? Why not instead get a coalition of countries to call for it?

I'm not saying China's reaction is correct. I'm not saying China should not be called out for their tardiness to close the borders while they were buying up face masks. Hell I'm not even ruling out that they created this bloody virus and have deployed it for geopolitical purposes.

What I am saying is that China's response is not entirely irrational. i.e from China's perspective they they are a powerful country who have enriched Australias population and deserve a degree of reverence and respect. Why should the representatives of a country of 25 million be calling the shots for a country of 1.3 billion. Hardly democratic.

I don't disagree and I think that China needs to be contained. But if I was a crayfisherman or a wine maker I might be pretty pissed off with senseless nationalistic rhetoric right about now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $55.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.0¢ 21.0¢ $19.85K 94.52K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37161 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 4392 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.13am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.