PEK 2.78% 17.5¢ peak rare earths limited

Dude, you've been ranting and raving about day traders and...

1. sjl
    1,209 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    Dude, you've been ranting and raving about day traders and market manipulation since the days when Pensana was trading in the 2 cent range. You seem to be clued in about the rare earths markets, I'll give you that, but you have no idea how the markets operate; and if you think that any share market internationally is any different to the ASX in that respect, you're going to be in for a rude awakening.

The SML will give the share a new floor. You'll see a fair number jump ship and take their profits, so there'll be a little volatility in the short term... but I'm comfortable saying that once the SML comes through (assuming that it does), this company will easily double its current market cap. I mean, think about it - a proven resource, plans for a full refinery in the UK, everything bar offtake agreements (which I would expect to come once the mining license and terms are sorted) ... there's no way that you can tell me that Peak would be worth less than Pensana in that situation.

And let me be clear here: I'm not ragging on Pensana in any way, shape or form. There's room enough, the way the world is going, for both companies (and others!) to provide a large supply of rare earths, neodymium and praseodymium in particular, to magnet makers. I'm simply saying that I believe Peak is significantly closer to full operation than Pensana - although I don't expect to see Pensana having the same delays on their mining license that Peak has seen.

Relax. If you're in the market for the long term, the dips and troughs will - assuming good company selection - even out over time. There's no point getting riled up about something you can't change. (Or find a group of like-minded individuals and lobby the government for changes to the rules. There's nothing wrong with doing that, and there's at least the possibility of effecting some level of worthwhile change. Just don't expect rants on a web forum to change anything.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $46.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.5¢ $11.87K 65.99K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 585404 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 13596 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.