I also had family and personal contact when I was younger with a...

1. 245 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    I also had family and personal contact when I was younger with a beautiful Priest who after his death was accused of being a paedophile. He ran the horse section where I went to school. I and my younger had horses there. There were many young girls and boys who were there everyday riding and looking after their horses. The Priest was also there every day.

My younger brother adored him, as did I. My brother had issues, and if anyone would have been ripe for a paedophile to approach it would have been him. I will never believe this beautiful man ever touched or abused anyone.

Yes paedophilia happened within the Church and the Institutions, and my father was raised in a home by Brothers. We discussed whether anything untoward ever happened or was witnessed there. He said not in a sexual nature, but that some of the Brothers could be very cruel at times, with physical punishments.

I also personally the first man who took on the Church years ago for paedophile acts. He was called witness x back then and his name has remained suppressed. He is the one that started what turned in to the flood gates being opened. He was very well compensated, and rightly so. However, I believe that what started as people seeking justice has turned in to a witch hunt.

The fact is that anyone can now make a claim, with no witnesses or corroborating evidence, and in my opinion, that is not enough for a conviction. Trial by media is a disgrace, and we have seen that this with this case. What happened to investigative journalism, or innocent till proven guilty.

Pell has now been found guilty by a jury of his peers, but too many questions remain for to think this is a slam dunk case.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.