GRR 3.85% 25.0¢ grange resources limited.

Pellet Price, page-238

1. 10,750 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2252
    Great post Monty. I agree with your thoughts about the selling in that it is probably coming from just one shareholder who has been continually dumping into the line over the last two weeks to clear a portion or all of their shareholding, I definitely view it as an opportunity for other shareholders as the market will sit up and take notice of the quarterly results when they're released in ten days.
    A lot of analysts and stockbrokers do have annual holidays over the first two weeks of January so I would expect them to be back at work on Monday and finding underpriced shares to recommend to their clients.
    I think your calculation of inventory of only 30k after accounting for the ships that were loaded in the first couple of days of January clearly shows that production for the Dec quarter must have been above 600k as I believe they would never chance booking ships in advance in the hope and expectation of producing the pellets in time for the arrival of the ships. It must be close to a one month timeframe from the time that they find a suitable and available bulk carrier, complete the shipping contract, owner to engage the shipping crew and allow for the shipping time of up to 18 days from most Asian ports. Remember that they are producing at the rate of 50k per week, so in my opinion there is no chance of getting inventory down to just 30k at any point in time given the above process. 'Just in time' inventory management might work in the local Woolies supermarket but not in Grange's operation I would suggest.
    Super Grace is definitely coming, it's just that the ship hasn't put the correct code (AU PLA) into the system although it must have been there originally- this ship was doing up to 17 knots after leaving Tokyo Bay so should get here in 15/16 days at that rate. Hopefully another ship will be booked in the coming week.
    Better disclosure - shareholders have been calling for that for a long time, so I won't hold my breathe waiting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.